Although a lot of people from all over the world use the portable electric cooktop, the science behind the electromagnetism is not known to everyone. But it is important for everyone to know about the mechanisms of the electric cooktop. A little knowledge about the working methodology of the electric cooktop will save a lot of time and effort. It will also help you to stay safe in the emergency situations. If you know the process, you will be able to avoid a lot of accidents. In this write-up, we will discuss the portable electric cooktop in details which will certainly enhance your knowledge about the uses of the electric cooktop.
How Portable Electric Cooktop Works
The working methodology of the electric cooktop is pretty simple. Here, we will discuss them step by step. They are as follows:
- The design and the look of the electric cooktop are the same as the ceramic cooktop. The difference lies in the case of the pots and pans. The cooking surface is usually made of the hard materials such as steel, aluminum, and heat-resistant glasses.
- Inside the cooking area, you will find a coil (tightly wound). The coil is usually made of metal. When you turn the power on, you will find an alternating current flowing through the coil creating an electromagnetic field.
- Where a home power supply alternates at about 50 to 60 times per second, the electric cooktop does the similar thing 500 to 1,000 times faster. Hence we can not hear nay disgusting and annoying buzzing sound. Most of us cannot hear the sound because it is not audible. It also prevents the magnetic forces from shifting the pan around on the cooktop.
- The magnetic field has a special function in the electric cooktop. One of the main functions is that it channels the heat through the coil or the iron. The heat generated from the pan flows directly into the food or water inside it.
- The electric cooktops are widely revered because of their efficiency and speed. The speed at which the cooktops provide, service is incomparable to any other cooktop. The mechanism can work expeditiously because of the availability of the current. The electricity can move fast through the electric coil and help the cooktop heat very fast. On the other hand, the portable cooktop is facilitated by the rechargeable batteries which make them more comfortable and flexible for users.
- The electric cooktops work through the command given by the operator. If you choose the high temperature, it will start cooking foods are very high temperature. There are many other heating options available in the electric cooktops.
We hope that from the above discussion, you have been able to understand clearly the ways in which the electric cooktop work. They are very much comfortable and user-friendly. But for ensuring proper functioning of the cookware, you will have to ensure proper flow of electricity and charge. Otherwise, you will not be able to enjoy the benefits of the electric cooktop.